New for 2021 – Junior Girls Rec Series
Our recreational series of Learn & Play opportunities breaks down potential barriers of cost and intimidation to introduce recreational golfers to playing organized golf. The purpose of the series is:
- to expand the number of playing opportunities for recreational golfers
- to break down barriers, educate, and introduce new golfers to the sport
- to provide exposure to modified formats, the handicap system and learning opportunities
- to provide a fun, inclusive environment and playing experience
Each event is priced to provide affordability and great value for girls under 19 with a focus on FUN! These events are social 9-hole events that include meals, they are NOT competitive and set up for pure relaxation and enjoyment!
- Westlock Golf Club – Sunday, May 30th – Register Here
- Red Deer G&CC – Monday, June 28th – Register Here
- RedTail Landing – Sunday July 4th – Register Here
- Valley Ridge – Monday, July 19th – Register Here
- Carnmoney – Sunday, August 8th – Register Here
The McLennan Ross Alberta Junior Tour – SEE THE SCHEDULE
Alberta Golf is pleased to organize the 2021 McLennan Ross Alberta Junior Tour. There are 25 tournaments on the schedule this summer. Find the ones close to home and join us on the links for some fantastic fun. Each event is organized by the local golf club and promises to encourage any junior boy or girl born in the calendar year of 2002 and later who are just getting started with tournament play. The 2021 Season will be the twenty-sixth year of the Tour.
We have several goals for the Tour. They include:
- Provide young Albertans the opportunity to develop their golf games in a series of coordinated tournaments throughout Alberta in a fun, but competitive environment.
- To make the tournaments challenging for the elite level junior golfer, but also to provide young players just starting out their first exposure to well organized tournament competition.
- To give back to the development of junior golf in Alberta by assisting host courses with funding for their junior development programs.
- To educate players and developing referees with the understanding and application of the Rules of Golf.
Six core values are at the heart of the Alberta Junior Tour:
- Teach responsibility by developing qualities of leadership and integrity, while assisting juniors in becoming productive members of the adult community
- Teach the Rules of Golf, etiquette and fundamentals
- Provide golf at a minimal cost
- Provide an environment that encourages and promotes good sportsmanship and friendship among junior golfers
- Provide opportunities to travel and play a variety of high quality courses
- Provide post-secondary workshops to assist juniors with their preparation for higher education
- The McLennan Ross Alberta Junior Tour recommends and as best as possible attempts to follow the following COURSE SET-UP guidelines.
- Competitions are from a maximum distance of 5,700 yards for the U15 boys and 5,500 yards for the U17 girls and all U13 competitors.
- U17 competitors will play from a maximum distance of 6,700 yards. Defining markers for the correct teeing area will be noted on the notice to competitors.